How to replace Christie LX55 projector lamp
When the Christie LX55 projector lamp has reached its end of life, LAMP REPLACE indicator lights yellow. Replace the projector lamp immediately when you see this. Other warning signs may be a dim picture, colour that appears washed out or an image that is faded.
Why buy authentic?
The best way to keep your Christie LX55 projector working properly is to always install an authentic replacement projector lamp. You may be tempted to buy a generic lamp sold at discount prices. These projector lamps actually cost more since the have a much shorter life and are prone to explosions. There are health and safety concerns as well, since these lamps have been created with carcinogenic, toxic substitutes. Installing a generic Christie LX55 projector lamp also voids your warranty.
Replacing the projector lamp
Your Christie LX55 projector uses the Christie 003-120188-01 projector lamp. Before changing the projector lamp:
- Allow the Christie LX55 projector to cool down for at least 45 minutes. This projector operates at an extremely high temperature and you can get burned. Don’t rush it.
- Unplug the electrical cord so there is no chance the projector could get turned on during the installation. This could damage your projector and also give you a shock.
To replace the projector lamp:
- Loosen the two holding one the lamp cover. Place to one side.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Christie 003-120188-01 projector lamp in place.
- Pull out the Christie 003-120188-01 projector lamp using the built in handle.
- NOTE: The used Christie 003-000884-01 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Replace the old lamp with a new Christie 003-120188-01 projector lamp
- Tighten the two screws. Make sure that the lamp assembly is set properly.
- Put back the lamp cover and tighten the two screws.
- Reset the Lamp replacement counter.
Resetting the lamp counter
Be sure to reset the Lamp Replacement Counter after the Christie LX55 projector lamp is replaced. Until the Lamp Replacement Counter is reset, the LAMP REPLACE indicator will continue to blink.
- Turn the projector on and press the MENU button to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to move the red frame pointer to the SETTING Menu icon
- Press the POINT UP/DOWN buttons to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter and then press the SELECT button. The next box appears.
- Press the POINT UP/DOWN buttons to select Reset and then press the SELECT button. The “Lamp replacement counter reset?” appears. Move the pointer to [Yes] and then press the SELECT button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears and select [Yes] to reset the Lamp replacement counter.
Tips for longer projector lamp life:
- Avoid frequent on and offs to avoid power surges.
- Don’t let the projector overheat as this puts stress on the lamp. Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Let the projector stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Keep the air filters clean and free of dust so it can do its job and keep the projector lamp for overheating.
- Eco mode reduces lamp brightness while extending the lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.