This guide shows how to install a new Infocus IN5106 projector lamp
Buy an authentic Infocus IN5106 projector lamp and avoid the headaches associated with counterfeit or generic lamps. An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in keeping your projector working. If the price is too good to true, then you should avoid the lamp. Bargain basement prices mean problems down the road.
Your InFocus IN5106 projector needs the InFocus SP-LAMP-038 replacement projector lamp.
Top reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- inferior parts
- prone to explosions
- may end up costing due to shorter lamp life
- needlessly exposes you to toxic materials
Buy from a legitimate source to keep your Infocus IN5106 projector under warranty and working properly.
Install the replacement projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement InFocus IN5106 projector lamp:
- Turn off the InFocus IN5106 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the captive screws on the IN5106 lamp cover.
- Remove the IN5106 lamp cover.
- Remove the three screws from the IN5106 lamp module.
- Lift the module handle up. Pull firmly on the module handle to remove the lamp module.
- NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-038 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this used lamp!
- Place the new lamp into the IN5106 projector Tighten the two screws on the InFocus SP-LAMP-038 lamp.
- Replace the IN5106 lamp cover and tighten the screws.
To reset the IN5106 lamp timer:
- Press MENU
- Scroll down to SETTINGS menu. Press Enter.
- Highlight SERVICE using the arrow keys. Press Enter.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP TIME. Press Enter.
- A dialog menu will appear. Press Enter to select OK.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Infocus IN5106 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life