Replace the Optoma HD141X projector lamp using this guide
With its wide screen format the Optoma HD141X projector is perfect for 3D gaming or HD viewing. The Optoma HD141X projector lamp will need to be changed after 6500 hours of use.
Find this lamp on Amazon:
Why buy authentic?
Counterfeit lamps have a variety of problems including:
- much shorter life
- created with toxic chemicals as substitutes
- are more prone to overheat and explode
- not properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics
- installing counterfeit lamps voids the guarantee on your Optoma HD141X .
Buy an authentic projector lamp in order to keep your Optoma HD141X projector working properly while protecting your health and safety .
When to replace
When the Optoma HD141X projector lamp life is reaching end of life, you’ll see a warning sign appear on screen.
Replace the lamp immediately when you see this warning signs. Using the lamp beyond its recommended 6500 hours can result in the lamp exploding inside the projector. Watch for these other signs that the Optoma BL-FP190E lamp may be reaching it’s end of life:
- the Lamp LED flashing amber
- poor colour quality
- image has deteriorated
Installing a new projector lamp
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. The Optoma HD141X runs at a high temperature and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Remove the old lamp
- Use a screwdriver to loosen the screw holding the projector lamp cover in place.
- Remove the lamp cover and place to one side. Remove both screws holding the projector lamp in place.
- NOTE: The Optoma BL-FP190E contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this used lamp!
3. Lift the wire handle on the lamp.
4. Press on the both sides then lift up and remove the lamp cord.
5. Unscrew the one screw on the lamp module.
6. Grab the wire handle on the lamp
7. Carefully lift the lamp out of the projector.
Install the new lamp:
- Gently place the Optoma BL-FP190E into the Optoma HD141X projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from your fingers will burn black spots onto the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the Optoma BL-FP190E lamp screw.
- Connect the lamp cord.
- Put the wire handle in place.
- Close the lid. Tighten the cover screw.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma HD141X projector lamp timer
Your Optoma HD141X comes equipped with an automatic projector lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Optoma BL-FP190E lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of time resulting in the lamp exploding.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Press MENU
- Select OPTIONS
- Select Lamp Settings
- Select Lamp Reset
- Select Yes
Learn TOP Tips for extending the lamp life in your Optoma HD141X projector.