Replace the Sony KDS-R50XBR1 TV lamp
Use our guide to replace the Sony KDS-R50XBR1 TV lamp
Don’t settle for anything but the best Sony KDS-R50XBR1 TV lamp. Don’t get caught with a counterfeit projector lamp!
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- XL-5100 Sony KDS-R50XBR1 TV Lamp
- XL-5100 Sony KDS R50XBR1 TV Lamp
- Phillips KDS-R50XBR1 Projection TV Assembly with Original Bulb Inside
- Philips Sony XL-5100 E-Series Replacement Lamp
- Sony KDS-R50XBR1 TV Assembly Cage with High Quality Projector bulb
6 reasons to avoid generic projection lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector
- no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your TV warranty.
When to replace
If the screen becomes dark, the color looks unusual, or the LAMP indicator on the front of the Sony KDS-R50XBR1 TV flashes, this indicates the lamp needs to be replaced with a new one.
To replace theprojection lamp
The Sony KDS-R50XBR1 uses the Sony XL-500 TV Lamp model. Before installing the new lamp, follow these safety precautions:
- Turn off the power.
- Let the cooling fan operate for two minutes after the power is turned off.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait an additional 30 minutes to allow the lamp to cool down. It should be cool to the touch.
- Avoid touching the glass bulb of the new lamp since oil from your hands can leave a mark.
Turn the screw with a screwdriver counterclockwise and remove the outside lamp cover.
To remove the Sony XL-500 TV lamp place your index finger through the hoop of the lamp handle and pull it upwards, while placing your thumb on the dent on the top. Then pull the lamp out.
To insert a new lamp:
Place the Sony XL-500 TV lamp halfway in.
Follow the gutter in the compartment to mount the new lamp. See close up photo:
Slide it in slowly by pressing the PUSH part of the front corners of the lamp until it stops with a firm clicking sound to lock. To ensure the lamp is securely installed, press the area marked PUSH before closing the lamp cover.
If the lamp is not securely reattached, the self-diagnostic function may be triggered and the POWER/STANDBY indicator flashes in red three times
Place the outside lamp cover back in its place. Turn the screw with a screwdriver clockwise and secure the cover.
Find this lamp on Amazon.