Learn how to replace the Smartboard 800iv projector lamp
The Smartboard 800iv projector lamp needs to be replaced when projector turns off automatically and the “Lamp Failure” message appears on screen. at the Smartboard 600i projector lamp has reached end of life is when the image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
Go with authentic
An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in keeping your Smartboard 8v00i projector working. If the price is too good to true, then you should avoid the lamp. Bargain basement prices mean problems down the road. Scroll down to learn more.
Changing the Smartboard projector lamp
Your Smartboard 800iv projector uses the SmartBoard 50030764 projector lamp. BEFORE replacing the projector lamp:
- Wear protective eyewear while changing the lamp.
- Turn off the power switch and disconnect the power cord and all connected cables to the Smartboard 600i projector.
- This projector operates under high temperature and there is a burn risk so be sure to wait at least one hour minutes for the projector’s housing to completely cool.
To remove the Smartboard from its boom:
Using the screwdriver, loosen the screw from the boom end cap, and then remove and set aside the boom end cap and screw.
Slide the projector mounting plate and projector off of the boom.
Turn over the Smartboard 800iv projector so that the outer lamp cover is visible. Using the screwdriver, remove the two screws from the lamp cover.
Remove the lamp cover, and then set it and the two screws aside in a safe place.
Remove the lamp protection film, and then set it in a safe place.
Using the screwdriver, loosen the screw on the SmartBoard 50030764 lamp.
Pull up on the SmartBoard 50030764 lamp’s handle, and then remove the lamp.
Get the new SmartBoard 50030764 projector lamp ready by removing all its packaging. Lower the replacement lamp into the slot, aligning it with the holes in the Smartboard 800iv slot.
Using the screwdriver, tighten the screw on the new lamp. Place the lamp protection film over the slot.
Slide the Smartboard 800iv projector mounting plate and Smartboard 800iv projector onto the boom.
Tighten the knob and the locking screw.
Replace the boom end cap.
Connect the cables to the projector.
Connect the power cable to a power outlet.
Press the Power button once on the remote control to confirm that the projector is operating and that the lamp module is correctly installed, and then wait for the projector to turn on completely.
Wait five minutes for the projector to warm up. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
- Turn on the projector.
- Access the service menu.
- Activate the projector’s alert e-mails and lamp warnings if they’ve been deactivated.
- Using the remote control, press Down, Up, Up, Left, Up to access the Service Menu.
- Scroll down to the LAMP HOUR REST option. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the EXIT option and press ENTER to exit the service menu.
- Do not reset the lamp timer unless you have changed the lamp.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.