Install a replacement Optoma HD300X projector lamp
When the Optoma HD300X projector lamp approaches end of life, a replacement message will flash on screen. You may also notice the picture quality starting to have poor resolution with washed out colors. Change your projector lamp immediately. The projector will not work if the lamp has burnt out or broken.
Buying the right brand of projector lamp
Your Optoma HD300X projector uses the Optoma BL-FP230I projector lamp. Be prepared and have your authentic replacement projector lamp ready and waiting.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following dealers:
- Optoma BL-FP230I, P-VIP, 230W Projector Lamp
- Optoma BL-FP230I Projector Lamp with Genuine Original Osram P-VIP bulb
- BL-FP230I Optoma Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality Genuine Original Osram P-VIP Bulb Inside.
If you are buying over the Internet, avoid projector lamps with a low price tag for the following reasons:
- counterfeit lamps have half the life span of original lamps
- created toxic materials that can damage your health
- prone to explosions
- damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Installing the Optoma Home Theater HD2200 lamp
Before replacing the Optoma BL-FP230I follow these important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the Optoma HD300X projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
1. Use a screwdriver to undo the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. The screws on the lamp cover and the lamp cannot be removed.
2. Remove the lid and place to one side. Don’t lose the lid as the Optoma HD300X projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
3. Remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FP230I in place.
4. Lift up the wire handle on the Optoma BL-FP230I lamp and slowly remove it from the projector.
Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
5. Remove the new Optoma BL-FP230I from its packaging. Taking care not to touch the actual bulb, lift up the handle on the new lamp and insert it gently into the Optoma HD300X projector.
6. Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
7. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. You are now ready to reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer
The Optoma HD300X projector has an automatic lamp timer that tracks the numbers of hours left in the lamp. If you don’t reset the lamp replacement timer you run the risk of the lamp being used beyond its recommended life and possibly exploding in the projector.
- Turn on the projector.
- Press MENU.
- Select SYSTEM.
- Select Lamp Settings.
- Select Lamp Reset.
- Select Yes.
- Press MENU to exit.
Tips for extending projector lamp life:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Optoma HD300X projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life