Consult this guide when its time to change your 3D HMR-15 projector lamp
Go with authentic
Your 3D HMR-15 projector uses the 3D Perception 400-0003-00 lamp. Be sure to purchase an authentic projector lamp and avoid the temptation of generic lamps and their associated problems:
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions
- manufactured with toxic and dangerous substitutes
- can’t be properly calibrated
- voids your projector warranty if you install a generic
Save yourself hassle and go with an authentic projector lamp.
Replacing the lamp
Before replacing the projector lamp:
- Wait until the projector is cool to the touch before removing the lamp. These projector work at a high temperatures and you can get badly burned.
- Be sure to unplug the projector before replacing the lamp.
into the projector making sure the wiring element has been reconnected and clicked into place. (Step C and D) Fasten the screw on the lamp.
Resetting the lamp timer
To reset the timer:
- Turn on the proector.
- Select Projectors on the drop-down menu under Maintenance under the main File menu.
- Scroll over to the LAMP option on the top menu.
- You’ll see the Current lamp time and Total lamp time. This will be the old lamp information.
- Click on RESET to set the Total lamp time back to zero. Until you do this step, the 3D HMR-15 projector will think the lamp is still old and not turn on.
Extend the 3D HMR-15 lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the projector and let it rest for at least two hours a day.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s mounted on the ceiling.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.