Follow our guide for installing a new Epson PowerLite Pro 6010 projector lamp
You can expect up to 4000 hours with your projector lamp. When it’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp, you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- The projector lamp indicator flashes orange or intervals of red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Find this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Keep your projector working
A genuine Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp is the only lamp that will keep your Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp working at its optimum levels. OEM authentic Epson ELPLP69 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson PowerLite 6010 projector.
Counterfeit projector lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson PowerLite 6010 projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Installing Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp
1. Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
2. Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projector while the projector lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Use the screwdriver provided loosen the screw holding the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp cover in place.
Slide the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 projector lamp cover off and place it to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp in place.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp and gently pull the projector lamp out of the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp. Don’t knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Slowly insert the Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp until it clicks into place. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your skin will case blackouts.
Tighten the screws on the newly installed Epson ELPLP69 projector lamp. Replace the lid on the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp projector. Tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover. Reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
The projector lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP69. This timer helps the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp proiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the timer when a new Epson ELPLP69 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Click on RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
The lamp hours will be reset to zero. The lamp usage timer shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP69 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP69 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6010 projector lamp projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.