Installing a replacement NEC LT180 projector lamp
Use our guide to install a replacement NEC LT180 projector lamp
End of life warnings
You can expect up to 4000 hours of use with your NEC LT180 projector lamp. When the lamp is reaching end of life you’ll see the following warning signs:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The projector’s lamp light flashes orange or red at half-second intervals.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen when you start projecting.
- NEC LT180 Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- NEC LT180 Replacement Projector Lamp 50028199 / LH02LP
Invest in authentic lamps
The best type of projector lamp for your NEC LT180 projector is an OEM authentic lamp. You’ll need model NEC LH02LP replacement projector lamp.
While counterfeits appear of be a bargain they often end up costing more in the long run since they are prone to explosions and have a much shorter lamp life. The other concerns are the lack of proper safety guards for your eyesight and damaging the sensitive electronics in your NEC LT180 projector.
Changing the projector lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new NEC LH02LP projector lamp
- turn off the NEC NP1000 projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Step 2: Loosen the lamp cover screw until the screwdriver goes into a freewheeling condition and remove the lamp cover. The lamp cover screw is not removable.
Step 3: Loosen the two screws securing the NEC LH02LP lamp housing until the screwdriver loosens. The two screws are not removable. Remove the lamp housing by holding it by the edges. NOTE: The NEC LH02LP lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into the garbage. Please recycle this lamp properly.
Step 4: Insert a new NEC LH02LP lamp housing until the lamp housing is plugged into the socket. Secure it in place with the two screws. Be sure to tighten the screws. Align the lamp housing with the guide rail. Make sure the lamp housing plug goes to the socket correctly. If both screws are not tightened securely, an image may not be displayed correctly.
Step 5: Reattach the lamp cover. Tighten the lamp cover screw. Be sure to tighten the screw. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
- Open the menu
- Scroll down to the RESET option. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to Clear Lamp Hour Meter. Press ENTER.
- The lamp timer will be set to zero.
Extend lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.