How to install a new Sanyo PLC-WL2501 projector lamp
Invest in authentic
When it’s time to replace the Sanyo PLC-WL2501 projector lamp the replacement Icon will appear on screen and the LAMP REPLACE indicator lights up yellow.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by:
- Exclusive Bulbs: Sanyo POA-LMP141 Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- Exclusive Bulbs: Sanyo Projector Lamp POA-LMP141
End of life warning signs
There is a Lamp Replace Indicator at top of the Sanyo PLC-WL2501 projector. Other indicators of the lamp reaching end of life include distorted color and poor light.
Installing a new projector lamp
Before replacing any lamps follow these safety steps:
- Turn off the PLC-WL2501 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. The Sanyo PLC-WL2501 operates under extremely high temperatures and you can seriously burn yourself if you don’t give the projector time to cool.
To install the lamps:
- Remove the screw holding Sanyo PLC-WL2501 lamp cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
- Loosen the three screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP141. projector lamp in place.
- Grasp the wire handle and gently pull out the defective Sanyo POA-LMP141 lamp. Place to one side. Note: Be sure to properly recycle projector lamp. Don’t throw this projector lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP141 projector lamp by the handle and gently guide it into place.
- Tighten the three screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP141 projector lamp assembly in place.
- Replace the Sanyo PLC-WL2501 Lamp Cover and tighten the screw to hold the lamp cover in place. Reset the Lamp Counter.
Reset the projector lamp counter
Each time you install a new Sanyo POA-LMP141 projector lamp, you’ll need to reset the lamp counter in order that the lamp life can be properly tracked.
- Turn the PLC-WL2501projector on.
- Press the MENU button to display the On-Screen Menu. Press enter.
- Scroll down to the Setting option. Press Select.
- Scroll over to select the Lamp Counter Reset
- The Lamp Reset message appears.
- Select YES to continue.
- The Lamp replacement counter reset option will appear.
- Click on YES.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset the lamp counter back to zero.
Extend the lamp life
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP141 projector lamp by following these helpful tips:
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP141 projector lamp and prevent the PLC-WL2500 projector from overheating.
Shop for this lamp on Amazon: