Replace the Sony KDS-R60XBR2 TV Lamp
Our guide walks you through replacing the Sony KDS-R60XBR2 TV lamp
When to replace?
When the Sony KDS-R60XBR2 TV lamp is reaching end of life, you will see a message on screen and the lamp indicator on the TV will start flashing. Other end of life signs may also include darker images and colors that look off.
The Sony KDS-R60XBR2 TV uses the Original Lamp For SONY KS 70R200A:KDS R70XBR2:KDS R60XBR2:KDS 70R2000 Rear projection TV
Find this lamp on Amazon.
To replace the projector lamp
The Sony KDS-R60XBR2 TV uses the Sony XL-5300 Replacement TV Lamp. Perform there safety steps before installing the new projector lamp:
- Turn off the power on the main unit.
- The cooling fan will continue to operate for two minutes after the power is turned off.
- Wait several minutes before unplugging the power cord.
- Wait an additional 30 minutes to allow the lamp to cool down. The lamp operates under extreme so avoid touching it before changing the lamp.
Remove the outside Sony XL-5300 projector lamp cover. Click the switch open to remove the lamp cover.
NOTE: This projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
NOTE: The lamp compartment is tilted, as shown in the following illustration. If the Sony XL-5300 lamp is not securely reattached, the self-diagnostic function may be triggered and the POWER LED blinks three times.
Reset the Lamp Replacement option
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. Scroll down to the SETUP option.
- Scroll down to the LAMP REPLACEMENT. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to reset the lamp hours.
- After the lamp is replaced, you must select this option or this message willcontinue to appear when you first turn on the TV.
Authentic lamps are critical!
Don’t settle for anything but the best for your Sony KDS-R60XBR2 TV. When buying look for the seal of approval.
6 reasons to avoid generic LCD projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Green your Sony XL-5300 TV
If you interested in going green with your KDS-R60XBR2, you can replace only the projector bulb and re-used the plastic casing. This can save your money plus help reduce waste. Watch our training video to learn more.
Find this lamp on Amazon: