How to replace the BenQ W1000 projector lamp
Start off with authentic
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and purchase an authentic BenQ W1000 projector lamp. Why go authentic? Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain but in the long run end up costing more due to their shorter lamp life. They are prone to explosions and can put your eyesight at risk. Due to their substitute toxic materials and carcinogenic parts, the few dollars you will save are not worth it. Protect your health and keep your BenQ W1000 working at optimum levels. Go with an authentic projector lamp.
You can buy the replacement lamp on Amazon from these authorized dealers:
- BenQ 5J.J0W05.001 REPLACEMENT LAMP FOR W1000 W1000+
- BenQ 5J.J0W05.001 Projector Cage Assembly with Ori
- BenQ LCD Projector Lamp 5J.J0W05.001
- BenQ Replacement Lamp with Housing and Original Bulb for W1000; 5J.J0W05.001
End of life warning signs
Your BenQ W1000 projector uses the BenQ 5J.J0W05.001 replacement projector lamp. When it’s time to replace the BenQ W1000 projector lamp you’ll see a series warnings appear on screen.
First warning: Order Replacement Lamp The BenQ W1000 projector lamp has been in operation for 3500 hours. Install a new lamp for optimal performance.
Second Warning: Replace Lamp Soon. The BenQ W1000 projector lamp has been in operation for 3950 hours. A new lamp should be fitted to avoid the inconvenience of the projector shutting down when the lamp reaches end of life.
Third warning: Replace Lamp Now. The BenQ W1000 has been in operation for 4000 hours. Replace the lamp immediately. The lamp brightness diminishes with use. If the lamp is not replaced beforehand, it must be replaced after 4000 hours usage.
Final warning: Lamp usage time exceeded. The lamp MUST be replaced before the projector will operate normally.
Follow these safety instructions before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ W100 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. The projector should be cool to the touch.
Replacing the projector lamp
- The projector lamp cover is found on the side of the BenQ W100 projector.
- Loosen the screw holding the projector lamp cover in place
- Lift up the projector lamp cover.
- Loosen the screws that secure the lamp.
- Do not turn the power on with the lamp cover removed.
- Do not insert your fingers between the lamp and the projector. The sharp edges inside the projector may cause injuries.
- Lift the handle so that it stands up. Use the handle to slowly pull the lamp out of the projector.
- NOTE: Pulling it too quickly may cause the lamp to break and scatter broken glass in the projector.
- Insert the new BenQ 5J.J0W05.001 lamp compartment and make sure it fits in the projector. Ensure the connectors are aligned. If there is resistance, lift the lamp and start again.
- Tighten the screws that secure the lamp.Loose screw may cause a bad connection, which could result in malfunction. Do not over tighten the screw.
- Ensure the handle is fully laid flat and locked in place. Replace the lamp cover on the
- Press the lamp cover down until the click is heard locking the projector.
- You are ready to reset the lamp timer
Resetting the lamp timer
Do not reset the BenQ W100 projector lamp timer if the lamp has not been replaced as this could cause damage. Don’t start the if the lamp cover has not been replaced. To reset the projector lamp timer:
- After the startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu. Go to the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced Lamp Settings menu.
- Press MODE/ENTER. The Lamp Settings page displays. Press to
- Reset lamp timer and press MODE/ENTER.
- A warning message displays asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Highlight Reset and press MODE/ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to ‘0’
- Lamp time will be reset to zero.
Extend the BenQ MS614 projector lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.