Install a replacement Optoma GT750E projector lamp
When the Optoma GT750E projector lamp approaches end of life, a replacement message will flash on screen. You may also notice the picture quality starting to have poor resolution with washed out colors. Change your projector lamp immediately. The projector will not work if the lamp has burnt out or broken.
Find this lamp from the following OEM manufacturers on Amazon:
- Optoma BL-FP230H, P-VIP, 230W Projector Lamp
- Optoma Projector Lamp Part BL-FP230H-ER Model Optoma GT GT750 GT GT750-XL GT GT750E
- SP.8MY01GC01 / BL-FP230H- Lamp With Housing For Optoma GT750, GT750E, GT750-XL Projectors
- Optoma BL-FP230H Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb.
Buying the right brand of projector lamp
Your Optoma GT750E projector uses the Optoma BL-FP230H Replacement Lamp. Be prepared and have your authentic replacement projector lamp ready and waiting. If you are buying over the Internet, avoid projector lamps with a low price tag for the following reasons:
- counterfeit lamps have half the life span of original lamps
- created toxic materials that can damage your health
- prone to explosions
- damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Installing the replacement lamp
Before replacing the Optoma GT750E projector follow these important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the Optoma GT750E projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
1. Use a screwdriver to undo the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. The screws on the lamp cover and the lamp cannot be removed.
2. Remove the lid and place to one side. Don’t lose the lid as the projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
3. Remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FP230H in place.
4. Lift up the wire handle on the Optoma BL-FP230H lamp and slowly remove it from the projector.
Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
5. Remove the new Optoma BL-FP230H from its packaging. Taking care not to touch the actual bulb, lift up the handle on the new lamp and insert it gently into the GT750E projector.
6. Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
7. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. You are now ready to reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the Lamp Replacement Timer
The Optoma GT750E projector has an automatic lamp timer that tracks the numbers of hours left in the lamp. If you don’t reset the lamp replacement timer you run the risk of the lamp being used beyond its recommended life and possibly exploding in the projector.
To reset the Lamp Replacement Timer:
- Turn on the projector.
- Press MENU.
- Select SYSTEM.
- Select Lamp Settings.
- Select Lamp Reset.
- Select Yes.
- Press MENU to exit.
Tips for extending projector lamp life:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Optoma GT750E projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life