How to install a new Canon LV-WX300 projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the Canon LV-WX300 projector lamp you’ll see a lamp replacement icon appear on screen and the LAMP REPLACE indicator will light orange. Replace the lamp immediately. When the projector is in operation, the duration (in hours) of lamp usage is automatically calculated by the built-in timer.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Watch for the warning signs on screen:
First warning: The lamp has been in operation for 4500 hours. Install a new lamp
Second warning: The lamp has been in operation for 4950 hours. Get your authentic replacement projector lamp ready .
Third warning: The lamp has been in operation for 5000 hours. It is strongly recommended that you replace the lamp
Final Warning: The lamp MUST be replaced before the projector will operate
Install the projector lamp
Your Canon LV-WX300 projector uses the Canon LV-LP39 projector lamp model. Before replacing the lamp follow these safety instructions:
- Unplug the electrical cord on the Canon LV-WX300 so there is no chance the projector could get turned on during the installation.
- The Canon LV-WX300 operates under high temperatures so give it at least one hour to cool down before opening the projector to change the projector lamp.
Loosen the screw holding the Canon LV-LP39 projector lamp cover in place.
Lift the lamp cover up. Do not turn the power on with the lamp cover removed.
- Using the handle pull out the Canon LV-LP39 projector lamp assembly. NOTE: The
- Canon LV-LP39 contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Replace the lamp assembly with a new Canon LV-LP39 projector lamp. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave black marks on the lamp.
- Close the lamp cover
Resetting the lamp timer counter
After replacing the Canon LV-WX300 projector lamp, you’ll need to reset the lamp. To reset:
- Restart the projector.
- Open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Go to the SYSTEM SETUP: Advanced>Lamp Settings menu.
- Press OK/IMAGE. The Lamp Settings page is displayed. Press to highlight/ Reset lamp timer and press OK/IMAGE.
- A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Highlight Reset and press OK/IMAGE . The lamp time will be reset to ‘0’.
Learn how to prolong lamp life with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.