Changing the Mitsubishi LVP SA51UX projector lamp
How to install a replacement Mitsubishi LVP SA51UX projector lamp
The best investment you can make is to invest in an authentic Mitsubishi LVP SA51UX projector lamp. Knock-off counterfeit lamps have a shorter lamp life and have been created with toxic substitutes and are prone to explosions that s often damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors. Invest in authentic. This Mitsubishi LVP SA51UX projector uses the Mitsubishi VLT-PX1LP model.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following retailers:
- MITSUBISHI VLT-PX1LP Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- SpArc Platinum for Mitsubishi VLT-PX1LP Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Lutema VLT-PX1LP-P01-1 Mitsubishi LCD/DLP Projector Lamp (Philips Inside)
Replacing the projector lamp
Before replacing the projector lamp, please follow these safety precautions.
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Mitsubishi LVP SA51UX projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch.
Resetting the Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the Mitsubishi LVP SA51UX lamp has been replaced. Resetting the projector lamp timer without changing the lamp can make it work beyond its recommended hours and cause harm to your projector.
To reset the lamp operation time
- Plug in the power cord
- Reset the lamp operation time by holding down the ARROW key and the POWER button on the control panel at the same time.
- Make sure that the STATUS indicator blinks twice and the lamp operation time is reset successfully.
- IMPORTANT: Unless these three buttons are pressed at the same time, the lamp operation time isn’t reset.
Extending the life of the projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.