Install a replacement Eiki LC-XBL25 projector lamp
How to replace the Eiki LC-XBL25 projector lamp
When the Eiki LC-XBL20 projector lamp nears the end of life, the Lamp replacement icon appears on the screen. At the same time the LAMP REPLACE indicator starts flashing yellow.
If you are buying over the Internet, avoid projector lamps with a low price tag for the following reasons:
- counterfeit lamps have half the life span of original lamps
- created toxic materials that can damage your health
- prone to explosions
- damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Learn 7 ways to spot a counterfeit projector lamp. Protect your health and the life of your projector. Invest in authentic.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Original Bulb and Generic Housing for Eiki POA-LMP132 Replace 610 345 2456, 6103452456, 610-345-2456, EKKE-132, POA-LMP132 Projector Lamp
- SpArc Platinum for Eiki POA-LMP132 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- AuraBeam Economy Replacement Projector Lamp for Eiki POA-LMP132 With Housing
How to replace the LC-XBL25 projector lamp
The Eiki LC-XBL25 projector uses Eiki POA-LMP132 projector lamp.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the Eiki LC-XBL25 projector lamp projector to be cool to the touch. This can take between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
1. Remove the lamp cover for the Eiki LC-XBL25 projector. Loosen the screw to remove the cover.
2. Loosen all three screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the handles on the lamp cage and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side.
NOTE: These lamps contain mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t put it into the regular garbage.
3. Take the new Eiki POA-LMP132 projector lamp by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage it.
4. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Eiki POA-LMP132 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Eiki LC-XBL25 projector will not turn on.
5. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
Resetting the Eiki LC-XBL25 Lamp Timer
Resetting the lamp timer mode allows your projector accurately track the number of hours left in your Eiki POA-LMP132 projector lamp.
- Turn the Eiki LC-XBL25 on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- There are two modes for Lamp life control. Mode 1 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours of use. Mode 2 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours BUT the projector turns off automatically after 3 minutes.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Extend the life of the projector lamp
Get more hours from your Eiki POA-LMP132 projector lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Eiki LC-XBL25 projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Leave a Reply