Replace the BenQ MW714ST projector lamp
Go with authentic
Protect your projector by investing in an authentic lamp. An authentic OEM projector lamps is the only lamp that will keep your BenQ MW714ST projector working properly. Here are four reasons to avoid using counterfeit projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- can expose you to toxic materials
- prone to explosions
- can damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
Shop for this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized distributors:
- 5J.J3K05.001 BenQ Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb inside.
- BenQ 5J.J3K05.001 Projector lamp – 210 Watt – 4000 hour(s) (standard mode) / 5000 hour(s) (economic mode) – for BenQ MW811 ST, MX880UST
- 5J.J3K05.001 BENQ MW811ST Projector Lamp
Warning signs for end of projector lamp
When the BenQ MW714ST projector lamp is reaching end of life, three warning messages will appear on screen. The lamp indicator on the projector will start flashing orange. You may notice the image deteriorating or the color looking off. Lamp hour information can be found on the INFORMATION menu.Setting the projector to economic mode will extend the projector lamp life.
Replacing the projector lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MW714ST projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
Loosen the screw holding the BenQ MW714ST projector lamp cover. The BenQ MW714ST projector uses the BenQ 5J.J3K05.001
Lift up the cover. Remove and dispose of the lamp protection film. Do not insert your fingers between the lamp and the projector. The sharp edges inside the projector may cause injuries.
Disconnect the projector lamp connector from the projector Loosen the screw that secures the BenQ 5J.J3K05.001 projector lamp.
Insert the new BenQ 5J.J3K05.001 projector lamp first into the connector on the projector and reconnect the lamp connector.
Make sure the handle is fully locked. Tighten the projector lamp screw. If the screw is too loose or too tight, the projector may not turn on.
Re-install the BenQ MW714ST lamp cover and tighten the screw. Reset the total lamp operation t
Reset the projector lamp counter
When the BenQ 5J.J3J05.001 projector lamp in the BenQ MW714ST projector has been changed the projector lamp timer must be reset:
- Turn on the BenQ MW714ST projector.
- After the startup logo, open the On-Screen Display (OSD) menu.
- Go to the SYSTEM SETUP.
- Scroll over to Advanced > Lamp Settings menu.
- Press MODE/ENTER to display Lamp Settings page is displayed.
- Highlight Reset lamp timer. A warning message is displayed asking if you want to reset the lamp timer.
- Highlight Reset and press MODE/ENTER. The lamp time will be reset to “0”.
Extend the projector lamp life:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ MW714ST and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used by 20%.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.