Replace the Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp
Install a new Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp using our guide
Replacing the Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp is simple if you follow out guide.
When it time to replace the Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp, the LAMP REPLACE indicator lights yellow. If this indicator lights yellow, replace the lamp with a new one promptly .
the lamp indicator will flash yellow. Be sure to invest in an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP86 projector lamp It’s the best insurance to keep your Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector working. Generic lamps just have too many problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Projector lamp replacement
Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp tto cool for at least 45 minutes. Don’t open the projector until it is cool to the touch. These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of severe burning.
- Place the Sanyo PLV-Z1X upside down on a soft surface to access the lamp cover. Loosen the two screws holding the projector lamp cover in place
- Loosen the two screws keeping the Sanyo POA-LMP86 projector lamp in place. Grab the wire handle and gently remove the lamp.
- This lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled.
- Place the new Sanyo POA-LMP86 projector lamp into the projector lamp.
- Avoid touching the glass or the bulb since the oil from your fingers may cause black spots on the bulb when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the two screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP86 projector lamp
- Replace and tighten the screws on the projector lamp cover.
- Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU10 projector
- Reset the Lamp Counter.
Resetting the Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp timer
Reset the Lamp Control Mode only when Sanyo PLV-Z1X projector lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the projector on
- Press the MENU button to bring up the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the LEFT/RIGHT button to select SETTING and press the SELECT button. to bring up the SETTING MENU.
- Press the DOWN button and a red-arrow icon appears.
- Select the Lamp counter reset item
- The message “LAMP REPLACE COUNTER RESET” is displayed.
Select YES to reset the Timer.
Tips for longer projector lamp life:
- Avoid frequent on and offs to avoid power surges.
- Don’t let the projector overheat as this puts stress on the lamp. Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Let the projector stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Keep the air filters clean and free of dust so it can do its job and keep the projector lamp for overheating. so on your Using “Eco mode” or “Lamp Economy Mode” can reduces lamp brightness by 20% while extending the lamp life by 50%.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.