Install a replacement NEC LT260 projector lamp
We have you covered when it’s time to change the NEC LT260 projector lamp
After your NEC LT260 projector lamp has been operating for 1500 hours (2000 hours in Eco mode) or longer, the “Lamp” indicator in the cabinet will blink red and an onscreen message will appear.
Replace the NEC LT260 projector lamp immediately as it will go into stand by mode after 1600 hours (2100 hours in Eco mode) of service.
Go with authentic
Why go authentic? Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain but in the long run end up costing more due to their shorter lamp life. They are prone to explosions and can put your eyesight at risk. Due to their substitute toxic materials and carcinogenic parts, the few dollars you will save are not worth it.
The NEC LT260 uses the NEC LT60LPK replacement projector lamp. Keep your projector working properly by investing in an OEM lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- NEC – LT60LPK – NEC Display Replacement Lamp – 220 W Projector Lamp – 2000 Hour Economy Mode
- SpArc Platinum for NEC LT60LPK Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for NEC LT60LPK With Housing (Powered by Ushio)
- NEC LT60LPK Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV
Replacing the lamp
Follow these important safety instructions before installing the new NEC LT260 projector lamp
- turn off the projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Loosen the two screws keeping the NEC LT60LPK lamp housing secure. These screws are also non-removeable so you will know when they have been loosened when the screwdriver stars freewheeling.
Remove the NEC LT60LPK lamp by pulling out the handle.
Install a new NEC LT60LP lamp into NEC LT260 projector making sure to line up interlock correctly. Tighten the screw on the projector lamp.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws on the cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the NEC LT260 lamp timer
Once the NEC LT60LP projector lamp has been replaced you will need to reset the lamp timer so the projector can properly track lamp life. You can use the ON-SCREEN MENU to reset the lamp hours:
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or projector cabinet to display the BasicScroll down to Press the SELECT
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Learn more tips to extend the life of the NEC LT260 projector lamp.