Replacing the Compaq MP2810 projector lamp
Install a replacement Compaq MP2800 projector lamp in 3 steps
Start by recognizing the signs that the Compaq MP2810 projector lamp has reached its end of life. Warning signs include a dim picture or color that appears to be washed out. When the message ”Lamp May Fail Soon – Replacement Suggested “displays on the projection screen replace the lamp immediately.
Go with authentic
The Compaq MP2800 projector uses the Compaq 215464-001 projector lamp. Be sure to invest in authentic.
Be sure to install an authentic Compaq MP2810 projector lamp. There is nothing more frustrating that having your Compaq MP2800 projector shut down as you are trying to use it.
Here are four reasons to avoid using counterfeit projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- can expose you to toxic materials
- prone to explosions
- can damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Installing the replacement projector lamp
Step 1: Turn off the power to the projector by pressing the blue Standby button .
Step 2: Allow the Compaq MP2810 to cool down for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: Disconnect the power cord.
Step 4: Use a coin to loosen the screw on the Compaq 215464-001 lamp module.
Step 5: On the front of the Compaq 215464-001 lamp slide up the latch to release it from the projector base.
Step 6: Pull out the Compaq 215464-001 lamp module.
Step 7: Place the new Compaq 215464-001 projector lamp into the projector taking care not to touch the actual bulb. Oil residue from your fingers will cause black marks on the lamp when it starts to heat up.
Step 8: After making sure the Compaq 215464-001 lamp is in securely, press down the release latch to lock the lamp in place.
Step 9: Tighten the screw in the new lamp. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer counter
Once you have replaced the Compaq MP2810 projector lamp you will need to reset the lamp timer so the projector can accurately track the lamp hours. The projector will no work properly with the new lamp until the lamp timer has been reset.
To reset the lamp timer using the projector:
- Press the Select button on the projector panel or the remote control. The Main menu will display on the projection screen. To select a function, press the Minus (-) button to scroll down the Display menu. To reverse the scroll direction, press the Plus (+) button .
- Scroll down to the Management selection.
- Press Select to display the secondary menu.
- Scroll down to Lamp Hours.
- Press Select to display the third level menu.
- Scroll down to Reset Lamp Hours.
- Press Select.
- Select Save and Return.