How to replace the JVC DLA-RS65 projector lamp
Install a new JVC DLA-RS65 projector lamp
Look for these indicators when it’s time to replace the JVC DLA-RS40 projector lamp:
- LAMP indicator starts flashing. Replace the lamp immediately
- Poor picture quality/strange colors
- Flickering lights or darker light
Lamp life is approximately 3000 hours but may vary depending on maintenance and usage.
Find this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- PK-L2210UP JVC Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb Inside.
- JVC Replacement Lamp with Housing and Original Bulb for DLA-F110; DLA-RS40; DLA-RS40U
- JVC PK-L2210UP Projector Lamp
- JVC – PKL2210UP – Projector Lamp
Be sure to invest in an authentic lamp for your JVC DLA-RS65 projector lamp. This projector uses the JVC PK-L2210UP projector lamp. Be sure to invest in an authentic lamp.
Why avoid counterfeit projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Projector lamp replacement
BEFORE replacing the lamp:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the JVC DLA-RS65 projector lamp to cool for at least one hour. Don’t open the projector until it is cool to the touch. These projectors operate under high temperatures and you can run the risk of burning yourself.
- Loosen the screw holding the projector lamp cover into the projector. Place the cover to one side.
- Loosen the two screws keeping the JVC PK-L2210UP projector lamp in place. Grab wire handle and gently pull the lamp out taking care not to hit the lamp.
- Take the JVC PK-L2210UP projector lamp by the wire handle and gently pull it from the projector. NOTE: This lamp contain mercury and can’t be placed into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Place the replacement JVC PK-L2210UP into the JVC DLA-RS65 projector. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb since the oil from your fingers may cause black spots on the bulb when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the two screws on the new JVC PK-L2210UP lamp.
- Replace the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp cover. You’ll need to reset the Lamp Counter.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
Each time you replace the JVC DLA-RS65 projector lamp you need to reset the lamp timer to zero. Not resetting the lamp timer will result in your projector not turning back on because it thinks the old lamp has not been replaced.
To reset the lamp:
- Display the Main Menu screen. Scroll over to select the FUNCTION option
- Scroll down to the LAMP RESET option
- Press the Enter button
- A second option screen will open asking toe Reset Lamp Timer
- Scroll down to select YES
- The lamp timer will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer projector lamp life:
- Avoid frequent on and offs to avoid power surges.
- Don’t let the JVC DLA-RS65 projector overheat as this puts stress on the lamp. Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Let the projector stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Keep the air filters clean and free of dust so it can do its job and keep the projector lamp for overheating.