How to install a replacement Epson EH-TW6000 projector lamp
You can expect up to 4000 hours with your projector lamp depending on maintenance or how often you use your projector. When the Epson Epson EH-TW6000 projector lamp is reaching end of life, you may notice these warning signs:
- The projector lamp indicator flashes orange or intervals of red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Keep your projector working
Look for the seal of approval before purchasing your replacement and buy from an authentic manufacturer. The Epson Epson EH-TW6000 needs the Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp. OEM authentic Epson ELPLP68 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson Epson EH-TW6000 projector and should always be used.
Counterfeit projector lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson Epson EH-TW6000 and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELP-LP68 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with Genuine Original Osram P-VIP Bulb Inside.
- Brand New Epson ELPLP68 High Quality Replacement Lamp with Housing for Epson PowerLiteHomeCinema3010 Projectors 180 Day Warranty
Installing the projector lamp
- Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EH-TW6000 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
Loosen the screw holding the Epson EH-TW6000 projector lamp cover in place.
Slide the Epson Epson EH-TW6000 cover off and place it to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson EH-TW6000 projector lamp in place.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp and gently pull the projector lamp out of the Epson EH-TW6000 projector lamp. Don’t knock the actual bulb as it may break.
Slowly insert the Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp until it clicks into place. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your skin will case blackouts.
Tighten the screws on the newly installed Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp. Replace the lid on the Epson EH-TW6000 projector.
Tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover. Reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
The projector lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP68 This timer helps the Epson EH-TW6000 projector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the timer when a new Epson ELPLP68 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the option RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES when the confirmation pop up screen is shown. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
The lamp hours will be reset to zero. The lamp usage timer shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
How to extend projector lamp life
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP68 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EH-TW6000 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.