Replacing the ASK Proxima C160 projector lamp
How to install a new ASK Proxima C160 projector lamp
When the LED light is blinking red it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima C160 projector lamp. You may also see a “Replace Lamp” message on the screen. Don’t wait to replace the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017. The projector will turn off once the lamp life is approaching end of life.
The importance of authentic lamps
Prolong the life of your ASK Proxima C160 projector by installing an original ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 projector lamp. Generic lamps look like a great bargain but have a number of problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds –you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from a reseller.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Replacing the lamp
- Turn the ASK Proxima C160 projector off and unplug the AC cord. Wait 60 minutes until the projector is fully cooled. These projectors work under extremely high heat and there is danger of burning yourself if you don’t let the projector cool off.
- Turn the ASK Proxima C160 projector upside down.
- Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Pry the lamp door off using the tip of the screw driver.
- Remove the two screws on the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp module.
- Grasp the metal wire handle to left the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp module.
Be sure to send the used lamp to a proper recycling facility. Don’t throw the used lamp into the regular garbage.
- Put the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp into the projector making sure it’s properly seated.
- Replace the two screws on the lamp module.
- Replace the door and tighten the screw.
- Plug in the power cable and turn the projector back on. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
Once you have replaced the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 it’s extremely important to reset the lamp timer. You want the the lamp life to properly track the hours left for your ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017. Otherwise you run the risk of the ASK Proxima C160 suddenly shutting down.
There are two ways of resetting the lamp timer.
Using the projector:
- Press the decrease volume button on the remote first, followed by the increase volume button.
- The LED light will blink green when the lamp hour has been reset.
- Open the MAIN menu.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS menu. Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu option. Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to the LAMP RESET option. Press SELECT.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.