Replace the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp
Install a new Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp
This guide shows how to replace the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp.
When to replace
The Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp has an expected life of 200 hours. When it’s time to replace the lamp look for these warning signs:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The projection lamp indicator flashes orange.
- The message “LAMP REPLACE” appears on the screen
Finding the correct lamp
Protect your investment and buy a genuine Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp. You will need the Epson ELPLP06 replacement projector lamp.
You can find plenty of bargain generic lamps sold over the Internet. But Buyer Beware! These lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your EMP-5500 projector. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials and have a shorter life.
Even more troubling are the toxic, carcinogenic materials you are exposed to after installing one of these generic lamps. Installing a knock-off lamp will also void the guarantee on your EMP-5500 projector leaving you unprotected should anything happen after installation. Avoid hassles and buy authentic. Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
Find this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Installing a new lamp
1. Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
2. Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-5500 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
The lamps timer be automatically be reset to zero.
Extend lamp life
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP06 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Epson EMP-5500 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.