Replace the LG BS275 projector lamp with our guide
When it’s time to replace the LG BS275 projector lamp you’ll notice the lamp indicator starts flashing red. A warning sign will also appear stating that it’s time to replace the lamp.
Why invest in authentic?
Prolong the life of your LG BS275H projector by installing an original projector lamp. Generic lamps look like a great bargain but have a number of problems. Your LG BS275 projector uses the LG AJ-LBX2A replacement projector lamp.
6 reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- counterfeit lamps have half the life span of original lamps
- created toxic materials that can damage your health
- prone to explosions
- damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Find this authentic lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers;
Installing the lamp
- Turn off the LG BS275 projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Use a screwdriver to remove the 2 screws from the cover. Push up and remove the cover.
2. Remove the 2 screws from the lamp module.
3. Pull up the lamp bar.
4. Pull out the lamp module by force. NOTE: The LG AJ-LBX2A lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamp.
5. Install the new lamp module making sure to align it properly. Push the wire bar down.
6. Tighten the 2 screws on the lamp module.
6. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the two screws.
Reset the lamp timer
Reset the LG BS275 projector only when the LG AJ-LBX2A projector lamp has been replaced.
Turn on the power.
Select OPTIONS/Lamp Settings
Scroll over to select Lamp Counter Reset
tare ready to reset the lamp timer.
Extend the life of the newly installed lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the LG BS275 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life