Installing a replacement Optoma DH1017 projector lamp
How to replace the Optoma DH1017 projector
When it’s time to replace the Optoma DH1017 projector lamp you’ll notice the picture quality is diminishing or the color appears off. The projector automatically detects the lamp life. When the lamp life is nearing the end of use, you’ll also receive a warning message. Replace the lamp immediately.
Go with authentic
With so many choices, it can be confusing finding the correct projector lamp online. In order to keep your Optoma DH1017 projector working at its best, be sure to look for an OEM manufactured lamp. You’ll need Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp. Since this is an older model, you may need to go with a generic lamp. Avoid counterfeits because of the associated problems:
- a much shorter life
- created with toxic chemicals as substitutes
- more prone to overheat and explode
- not properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors and installing can void the guarantee
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY BL-FU310B UHP 310W Lamp
- Optoma BL-FU310B Projector Housing with Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb
- Optoma Projector Lamp BL-FU310B by Optoma
Installing the projector lamp
Before installing the Optoma DH1017 projector lamp follow these safety precaution
- Turn off the projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Optoma DH1017 projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch to prevent to getting burned.
To install the lamp
- Remove the button covering the cover screw. Loosen to screw to remove the projector cover
- Slide the top cover forward, and lift the top cover off.
- Remove the screw on the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp cover and then open it up.
Loosen the four screws from the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp.
- Raise the handle and pull out the Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp. NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Insert the replacement Optoma BL-FU310B projector lamp.
- Tighten the four screws on the lamp.
- Replace the project cover and tighten the screw.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma DH1017 lamp timer
Your Optoma DH1017 projector comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left on the projector lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer.
Open the Options Menu from the Menu.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Reset option.Press Enter.
- A second screen appears asking if you want to reset the lamp hours to zero. Scroll over and choose Yes. Press Enter. The lamp timer will be reset to zero.
Learn the TOP Tips for extending the lamp life in your Optoma DH1017 projector lamp projector.