Samsung HLP5067W/XAA weak or no signal DLP TV

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mickyblue

Samsung HLP5067W/XAA weak or no signal DLP TV

Postby mickyblue » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 am

Okay, I must first say ive gone through 3 different cable boxes, 2-3 different componant video cables, and a different HDMI cable. What still happens especially on the HDMI signal on the HD cable box, is it will be playing just fine, then randomly every few seconds or every other minute or every other 15 minutes, at random! It will play fine then switch off for 1-3 seconds then flip back to the normal HD signal. Sometimes it will flash back and forth from a black screen to normal HD signal.

When it was componant it was doing that plus the screen would get seperated by a 3 inch line that would cut the screen in half and scroll from the bottom to the top. Ive switched, the hdmi from dvd play, and the dvd player now has the scrolling thing, but the HDMI port is not doing the scrolling but just randomly flashing to no signal to normal signal.

A few months back I had the Bulb and the color wheel replaced. I remember a few months ago I had a PS3 hooked up with HDMI and it was doing the back and forth from no signal to normal again.

Ive talked to samsung tech support, they had no idea what it could be, infact they never heard of the problem. I called a local tech tv repair but they said theyd charge me an arm and a leg just to look at it, but they refuse to tell me what the problem is, just write me a reciept for the bill of how much they would charge to fix it.

Im personally wanting to fix it myself because its as easy and working on a computer.

So what do you think? A lady at samsung said maybe its the chip, but im not sure.

Could it be the unit that has the actual HDMI and rca hookups?

What do you guys think?

mickyblue

Re: Samsung HLP5067W/XAA weak or no signal DLP TV

Postby mickyblue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:40 pm

This post JUST got approved, can you guys help me out? I think its the HDCP handshake issue but I havent found any solutions to it. Im really confused as to why its doing it. My dvd player had no issues with HDMI, but its only when its fed a good HD signal from either the cable HD reciever or even a playstation 3. Im really confused and dont know what to do. Anyone who can help me would be amazing!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”