Samsung DLP Help Please

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
RSM

Samsung DLP Help Please

Postby RSM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Greetings all,
I hope someone can help with my Samsung DLP HL-T6187. It is four years old to the day and has worked flawlessly until today. While changing channels, the picture froze, the screen became pixilated and then it shut down. The fan near the back continues to run but the TV will not respond to any input from the remote. The only way to turn it on is to pull the plug, wait a few minutes and the set will turn on to the last channel viewed. It will not respond to any remote controls or the side controls on the right side of the set. After about 30 seconds of operation, the TV picture freezes and the screen shows pixilation and shuts off. (See Attached Photo) The fan near the back of the case continues to run.
It was quite dusty in the back near the ventilation area and I cleaned this as well as the area around the fan. The heat sink the fan is directed towards is not hot to the touch.
I am still running the original LED Lamp and can not get into service mode to see the lamp time.
There are not any flashing LED’s on the front panel and there is no multiple clicking from the ballast.
Any suggestions? Please!
Attachments
Samsung HL-T6187S Screen shot2.jpg
Screen photo right before TV shuts down
Samsung HL-T6187S Screen shot2.jpg (175.82 KiB) Viewed 2501 times

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung DLP Help Please

Postby grayfox » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Hello,
This is most likely a digital video board issue.. especially if it does it on both analog and digital inputs..
Hope this helps.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”