Samsung HLR5067WX/XAA color wheel

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
james345

Samsung HLR5067WX/XAA color wheel

Postby james345 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 am

Hi,
I have a Samsung DLP HLR5067WX/XAA that's about 7 years old. I've successfully replaced the lamp once, after about the first 18 months. A couple of months ago, the TV simply wouldn't come on at all. As I recall, both the front lights were blinking, but it didn't seem to power up, and I didn't get the startup chime or the ballast click. A Samsung repairman came to my house and said it was the color wheel, told me it would be $400 or so for him to fix, but kindly advised me that I could buy the part myself and install it for $100 or so.

I ordered a replacement color wheel, part #BP96-00674A from Buy Your Parts. The part came in a small cardboard box labeled BP96-00674A. After disassembling the TV and finding the existing color wheel, I realized that the replacement part was very similar, but not an exact match to the existing part, and there was no way the new part was going to fit. I noticed that the new part had come in a clear plastic package that fit within the small cardboard box. The clear plastic package had a completely different part number on it - BP69-00431A.

Buy Your Parts claimed that they had sent me the part I had ordered (BP96-00674A), and that the BP69-00431A was simply the part number for the clear plastic case only. Really? All I know is that the color wheel replacement part I had matched to my TV model from one of the Samsung replacement parts websites either didn't fit, or the seller sent me the wrong part. Fortunately they refunded my money after I sent the part back, but I don't want to have this problem again.

Any help? Any way to be certain I can order (and receive) the correct color wheel?

TV is Model Code HLR5067WX/XAA
Serial No. (if this helps) 39H63CKY801681L
Lamp Type BP96-01073A P (or PHI?)

Thanks!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”