TV Started Working Again But Will it Continue?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
snley

TV Started Working Again But Will it Continue?

Postby snley » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:07 am

Couple months ago my TV (hlt5075sx/xaa) stopped working. Can't remember exactly when the behavior started, but original issue was that I could not turn the TV back on until over half an hour after it had been turned off. When I tried to turn it on, the green light would blink then switch to the right red light and back to the green. This pattern would repeat a couple times before all 3 lights started flashing. Sometimes I would just hit the power button when all 3 were flashing and go through that pattern a couple times before it finally turned on. Other times I would just unplug the TV and try to turn it back on later. After awhile, it became an hour that the TV had to be turned off before I could get it back on. Shortly after that, it was 2 hours. Then, one day, it wouldn't turn back on at all. My first response was to replace the lamp. Even after doing that I wasn't able to turn it back on. Samsung referred me to a local repairman, but when I was quoted a hundred dollars just to diagnose, I decided I didn't really need the TV during the summer, so I put off the repairs.

The other day, about 2 months after I had last used the TV, I was reading up on ballast vs color wheel issues. I couldn't recall any noise so I decided to plug the TV back in and check. Much to my surprise, the TV turned right on. I've used it the past couple days with no issue. I did notice tonight, though, that I was back to not being able to turn the TV on until it had been off for a couple hours. When I got the flashing lights about 45 minutes after having turned it off, I just unplugged the TV, checked again about 30 minutes later with same flashing lights, and then was able to get it to turn on when I checked again an hour later. Could this be an issue with the ballast or color wheel (I didn't notice any clicking when it wouldn't turn on this evening) even if it is still turning on sometimes? Or could it be something else?

snley

Re: TV Started Working Again But Will it Continue?

Postby snley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:17 am

Hoping somebody will respond as TV has started having issues again. Now, I can't turn it on unless it's been off 10 hours. I've been refraining from even trying to turn it back on until at least 6 hours have passed and only attempting to turn it on again until at minimum an hour after the first attempt and each subsequent attempt. Anyone have any insight?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”