Samsung HLP5063W Issue - Help!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bjenn1455

Samsung HLP5063W Issue - Help!

Postby bjenn1455 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:49 am

I have a Samsung HLP5063W DLP TV. I changed out the color wheel two days ago because it was humming badly. Everything seemed alright and we watched the TV for several hours over the next 2 days without any problems or hum. On the 3rd day there was no picture, menu or anything on the screen. Completely black. The "lamp" LED would blink for 20-30 sec, then the "lamp" and "stand by" LEDs would blink together. The "lamp" LED would then blink by itself followed, again by the "lamp" and "stand by" LEDs blinking together. Finally all 3 LEDs would come on (lamp, stand by and timer). I looked at the bulb but it wasn't obvious that it was burnt out. Bulb problem? Any ideas?

DaveC
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: Samsung HLP5063W Issue - Help!

Postby DaveC » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:42 pm

It sounds as though the lamp and CW are not coming on. As much as it pains me to suggest this, I would take the back off the set again, trip the lamp safty for the cover, and turn it on. Check to see if the lamps fan(s) are working. If the lamp is on, try to see if you can see the changes in the light bleeding from the lamp due to the CW spinning. If the fans are working, lamp and CW working, but no picture, could be the DMD or something else that may be hard to find.

If neither the lamp or CW are working, turn off the set (un-plug it), unscrew and slide out the main guts with the CW, and check the two connections from the CW. The white/blue two wired plug is often damaged when removing the clip from the DMD board. Also, the ribbon wire is a little short and may have slipped out. I also had one tear on me. Remove the lamp, and peek through the glass to make certain the CW didn't implode. If you can't tell, you may need to take the CW cover off again.

If you have a spare lamp, try it, or just make sure the one you have has nothing rattling in it, and is seated correctly. Hope you find a problem, cause if you don't, it could be hard to find and may be the DMD. You will see that both the lamp ballast and CW attach to the DMD.

Good luck

Return to “Samsung Discussion”