HLT5075sx color wheel lens and power on issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jtp81664

HLT5075sx color wheel lens and power on issue

Postby jtp81664 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 pm

My Samsung is a couple of years old and it has a relatively new bulb in it. After the set is turned off, and then turned back on, I get the 3 lights error. That's when I swapped the bulb. No difference. If I leave it alone for an hour or two, it will come back on okay. Any ideas? When I had the bulb out, I looked at the color wheel and the lens between the color wheel and the bulb looks like it has a crack across it. I ordered a replacement color wheel and when I took it out of the box that lens has a crack across it as well. That's an awfully weird coincidence. Anyone see this before or have any ideas?

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HLT5075sx color wheel lens and power on issue

Postby Jason1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:32 am

you may need a new light engline. thats freaky that it cracked. I wonder if something was wrong with your ballast and made things get to hot.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HLT5075sx color wheel lens and power on issue

Postby Crowell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Hmmm, that’s strange… its very obvious that you need to replace the light engine because of the cracks, how ever when you turn your TV on, do you get any discoloration or distorted picture, or is the image fine? Also have you reset the lamp timer after you replace the new lamp?
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “Samsung Discussion”