Only clicks once when turned on then three lights

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
cwick321

Only clicks once when turned on then three lights

Postby cwick321 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 am

My TV started turning itself off constantly. Would turn back on for 5 minutes then it would shut off again and give me three flashing lights on front. I tried to replace lamp, and now it just clicks once when I turn it on, the lamp light flashes 5 or 6 times and three flashing lights. No spinning and lamp doesn't turn on. Any thoughts?

hwsagent05
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Only clicks once when turned on then three lights

Postby hwsagent05 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:54 am

I was wondering, I have a 67" samsung DLP that stopped working. It belong to a friend and she has no idea what to do. When it is turned on there is breif flash of sound then nothing. I have checked the lamp door switch and noticed the lamp will strobe for 15 seconds then stop for 15+ seconds then strobe again. When it is first turned on the lamp light flashes then after 30 seconds to 1 minute all three lights start flashing. I pulled the lamp and re-installed and the same thing. Shut off power for a few hours and then tried again and same thing, strobing and all lights doing the same thing as before.

I am new but I have been reading and it seems like it may be the ballast or hte lamp or both. Any idea what the most likely the problem is? My Samsung is a model HL67A510J1F.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”