HELP!!! Hlt6176s issue PLEASE!!!!!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Geno51
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!!! Hlt6176s issue PLEASE!!!!!!

Postby Geno51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:09 am

Ok heres the deal I bought this TV and about 1 month after the warrenty expired ( of course ) I start having issues with it. I have done some trouble shooting replaced lamps exc. Anyway heres the story!

It started out where the TV would just turn itself off and only the temp/ Standby light would blink wait 5 min and it would go out then the tv would turn on fine again. This started Slow only happening every so often then became more frequent. the Tv was about 1.5 years old at this point and had about 4000 bulb hrs. So I replaced the bulb . Nope still had the problem because the temp light would come on I figured that it was not cool enough so I placed a small fan behind the tv to help with the cooling Nope still messed up. About 3 months ago I had it and pulled the back cover and took a can of air and a vac cleaned all the dust out of the tv this seemed to help for a week or two no issues?? then it came back turning its self off again. Well tonight it bit the big one! the TV will not turn on. Here is what it is doing! the tv chimes and starts to power up. with the back cover off I can see both fans come on and the bulb start to come on and power up(gettig brighter) about 7 second into power up it just chimes again a turns off no rhime or reason.

I am good at taking things apart but have no Idea where to start on this thing!

Thank you
Geno

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: HELP!!! Hlt6176s issue PLEASE!!!!!!

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:36 am

Geno,
make sure your lamp cover is on securely before you turn on the set. The problem you are describing to me may be a temperature sensor issue. The temp sensor looks like this:

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... emperature

Geno51
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Geno51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:55 am

I am 100% positive that the lamp door is closed all the way. I leave the entire back peice off the tv and hold the housing's little blue switch closed with my finger and the tv still does the same thing. It could be the temp sensor I did take canned air and blow at it from both sides, in the lamp channel and from the back of the sensor where the plugs are. is there a way to test it with a multi meter of is this just a buy it and cross you fingers deal? Really getting discouraged... :cry:

Geno51
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Geno51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Ok I am stumped!!! I dont know what to do next!! I have taken the entire light engine out and checked the color wheel spins fine no friction. I tricked the TV by taking the bulb out and starting it up tv does its shut down chime, I then plug in the bulb and the bulb powers up to full brightness so its not a power supply problem. But even with the bulb at full brightness there is no picture on the screen??? Starting to think that it has something to do with the innards between the color wheel and the mirror.

Any Ideas

The only think that I saw while i was in there was some charing on the wires that run to the sensor that picks up the colorwheel the silver heat sheath did not cover the wires all the way and it looks a little charred by the connector at that sensor.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 am

Geno51,
Ouch... Is the light turning on buy you are getting a black/no picture? Is the screen lit?

If you answer yes, there is a 80% chance that your DMD board is bad... Samsung wants upwards of $600 for it.. I would check Discount-Merchant.com as they are the only ones I know that sell them at a reasonable price that makes it worth the repair. I think their price is around $180 for the DMD .. If you can get your hands on the whole light engine (they sell it for a measily $280-$350 compared to 1000+ at samsung) i would say go for it...

Geno51
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Geno51 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 am

WHOOOOOO!!! HOOOOOOO!!!!!

FIXED IT TEMPORALRY !!!! I knew that it was temp related so I took the temp out and stuck it in the freezer for and hour and reinstalled it. The tv came on :o !!!

At this point I knew that the sensor was the problem! after the sensor warmed up just a little like 2 mins the tv shut off took the sensor back out and used the round metal peice to short out the sensor on the bottom posts!! the tv is up and running now until I can find a temp sensor :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:01 am

Geno51,
I'm glad it worked out! It makes me happy when people can watch TV tonight in peace!

I would definately change that sensor.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”