Samsung HLP6163 - TV shuts off by itself

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tbiton

Samsung HLP6163 - TV shuts off by itself

Postby tbiton » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi there,

In the past 2 weeks, my TV has been acting up where it shuts off itself, and I need to then turn it back on. The lights come on such as : timer/lamp, standby/temp when it shuts off. There is no sound nor picture when the TV shuts off, but it does this all the time now and I don't know what it is. I opened the door in the back and cleaned it with an air can, but still the problem persists. Can anyone please help me out to tell me what this could possibly be?

Thanks muich

daisyjane

Re: Samsung HLP6163 - TV shuts off by itself

Postby daisyjane » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:55 pm

I don't know for sure but it might be the lamp. I have posted my own comment here but noone has responded to it. So, I ordered the lamp from amazon part number bp96-01472a. I called Samsung directly and gave them my model number and told them what was going on this is what I was told. So this grandma is going to try to be a tv repairman too. I am not sure how to install it, but I will figure it out when it gets here. There actually was a link to a video on samsungparts.com but the link does not work. :cry:
Oh well, I had to respond to you with what I knew as it is frustrating to be on here hoping for someone to share something with you and get nothing.
Hope you figure it out, remember you can call Samsung directly 1800-726-7864.

Samsungtech
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: Samsung HLP6163 - TV shuts off by itself

Postby Samsungtech » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:05 am

If its not the lamp/ballast or color wheel, you may have a DMD failure

Return to “Samsung Discussion”