Help needed Samsung HL67A750 Blank screen!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
sammysux

Help needed Samsung HL67A750 Blank screen!!

Postby sammysux » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi folks-

I have a 67'' HL67A760, which I purchased in April 2009, for my basement as part of my home theater setup, I barely watch 1-2hrs per week on this tv...anyway..up until Wimbledon Finals (Novak vs Rafa) it worked flawlessly..

Please see video here...and these pics..which are out of order..sorry about that.

But just around July 15th or so..picture started to flicker a little, which seems a minor blip but then as weeks went by...picture got worst over time..and it got to a point where it is impossible to watch anything without getting a headache, i.e, picture was jumping up and down..side to side...and this is with any video source. ( Even the TV menus are not noticable).

Then finally, one day..as soon as I turned it on blue screen appeared after the startup sound and then stayed for a sec or so and then total blank screen. I'm not sure where to start...i'm a total tv newbie.....but i'm a software engineer by profession...so i guess i can figure out with a some help from the forum members.

My warranty expired last year, and I was stupid enough not to buy squaretrade warranty, which is now standard with almost all big tvs...for fraction of the cost.

Samsung does not cover the cost of repairs now..so now i'm at a point where i want to give it my best shot....see if it works..otherwise i will move on to another tv but at least i can say that I have tried to fix it....i need ur help fellas.

if anyone has the Samsung Hl67a750 service manual....i'd like to get taht......any help on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”