HLR5667W Channel Program, Digital Board ?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
TONYSTEES

HLR5667W Channel Program, Digital Board ?

Postby TONYSTEES » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Maybe someone can help me ? I have repaired a few of these HLRXX67 dlp's in the past by replacing the digital boards. But this one has me a little puzzled ???? The tv works fine with basic cable going into the coax connection but when I do a channel scan it only picks up channels around 49 and up. No 2, 4, 5, 9, 11 and so on also No local HD channels ??? I have another HLR5067 in my basement and have taken it to the same coax connection and it gets these missing channels fine. Also the little fan that plugs into the Analog board spins on start up but quits right after and never runs ??? I'm not getting a check fan notification from the set either.
I'm doing the auto program exactly the same on both sets but missing a big chunk of channels on the HLR5667W set. I know the Analog and Digital boards are tied together. Could this be the digital board thats at fault for the fan not working and missing channels ???? Any ideas or direction is much appreciated !!!

Samsungtech
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: HLR5667W Channel Program, Digital Board ?

Postby Samsungtech » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 am

yeah set needs most likely a new tuner module which is located in the digital board..

TONYSTEES

Postby TONYSTEES » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 am

Thank you for the reply Samsungtech. You are right on !!!!

I replaced the tuner board and now the set receives all channels. However the channel Identifier pops up at random OVER AND OVER when watching channel 5-1 in HD. My other set doesn't do that. Now i'm wondering what is causing that ????

ajay931

Postby ajay931 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm

sorry to hijack, but can an admin get in touch? i cant start any topics andc I have sent in 3 for moderation =/

Return to “Samsung Discussion”