samsung 60" DLP 5674

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kurtsweiland

samsung 60" DLP 5674

Postby kurtsweiland » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:37 pm

The other night my tv started making a loud noise, so I took it apart and saw that the color wheel was shattered. I ordered a new color wheel and put it in. The tv won't even turn on now. I can hear it trying to turn on every few seconds but it never powers up, any suggestions.

Eddie

Re: samsung 60" DLP 5674

Postby Eddie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:06 am

--

Eddie

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:13 am

kurtsweiland,
A few things. Make sure you plugged both wires comming from the color wheel into the DMD board. There is 1 cable for the sensor and another one for the wheel. Try inverting the cable of the actual wheel... this could be a bit tricky as it can slide in both ways!! You can easily connect it backwards.

Next, make sure all the covers and the lamp door switch is plugged in. The lamp is securely in the TV and the lamp cover door is on (in order to push the little blue trigger).. If the cover is not on and that sensor is not pressed, then your TV will not turn on.

kurtsweiland

Postby kurtsweiland » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 pm

thanks for the suggestions. i actually had a technician come and look at it and he said that i put the color wheel in perfectly. he said that i had a defective color wheel. i ordered it from the partstore.com . so i sent it back and now i am waiting for another one from them. i hope they don't just sell defective parts. thanks

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:19 am

kurtsweiland,
PartStore is just a middle man between a reseller and the consumer. They don't actually stock any parts, hence, their prices are a bit high. The resellers they use are normally verified and aurthorized parts distributors. I know I ordered a Philips lamp from them once, and Discount-Merchant.com actually dropped shipped it to me.

D-M seems to be the source for all the Philips lamps in the USA... Hence, I always recommend them to people.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”