what now? (hlr5067w)

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Jake0521
Contributor
Contributor

what now? (hlr5067w)

Postby Jake0521 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 am

Here is my first proplem, I'm just going to copy and paste from my old post so I don't have to type it all out:

Hopefully this all makes sence, It all started with green lines only when I was watching tv through the ant/cable inputs, but worked fine when playing my xbox360 throught the component inputs. Then the other day went to turn the tv on and there was no regular chime that you get when powering on and off the lamp light on the power circle flashed a few times then stopped the lamp on the back of the tv was on, and the screen stayed dark with just a pulsing dark tint on it, then turns it self off after about 1 or 2 minutes. It does this everytime now. Any help would be appreciated.

So I changed the lamp and I got a new digital board for my hlr5067w. I installed both of them the first time I tried turning it on after I installed them it did the same thing of turning on and nothing on the screen then later I tried turning it on again and everything worked fine. So after about 2 weeks everything worked great, then last night we watched a movie on the xbox 360 through a component and then today went to switch back to my cable/ant. source to watch tv and I had purple and white lines almost in a staircase type of thing then the screen started mostly flashing green lines and now it won't show anything on the screen. Is there anything I can do? Or is this tv done? All I know if it is it will be the last samsung product I ever purchase again.

I appreciate any help that can be given to me. Thanks!!!!

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: what now? (hlr5067w)

Postby Crowell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Hmmmmm, that’s odd, ok if you turn on the tv right now, do you get those lines? If you do try to bring up the TV menu, if you are able to see it perfectly then it’s most definitely the analog board. If you can’t see the menu or its distorted in any way then it’s the DMD board. Hope this help you out.
Knowledge is the one true power

Jake0521
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jake0521 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am

now the green lamp flashes a few times the screen stays black(with a glow) then it turns off after a minute or so.

Jake0521
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jake0521 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 am

Is there any chance its a bad color wheel?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Negative, it’s the DMD board. From the symptoms you describe and the parts you replaced, that’s got to be it. It can’t be the color wheel, because the purple & white lines are not symptoms produce when it’s defective. Those are from a DMD board and a digital board. You already replace the digital. Good luck.
Knowledge is the one true power

Jake0521
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jake0521 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 am

so I think it is the analog board, I got it to come back on and it works fine if I have it on the component, but when I switch it to the ant input I have the green squares and when I push the menu button I can see the menu just fine, so does anyone know where can I get an analog board for a good deal?

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Jake,
My guess would also be the Analog board. Do me a favor... Connect your laptop or computer to the TV set using VGA cables and leave it on for a few hours and tell me if you experience any problems. This check will tell you if your DMD board is good or bad. The VGA input is DIRECT TO DMD on these TV's.

If you decide to go forward with the Analog board, here is a link where you can buy it for dirt cheap:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... 67w+analog

You can't beat that!

Also, keep in mind that your DIGITAL BOARD and ANALOG BOARD may go bad simultaneously. I have had this happen and it's just a coincidence. Either way, I would keep the original digital board just in case... The digital boards and analog boards are golden on these TV's. If I was smart I'd buy all the DMD's, Light Engines, and Digital Boards from D-M and resell them for twice the price!

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:53 am

I had this issue were it just sits and will not show video or sound. ended up being a bad digital board. you may of received a bad digital board. everyone seams to think its the dmd or antalog board in this set and most of the time it's the digital board.

cstock
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cstock » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:08 am

hello there,
i am also having problems with my sammy hrl5067w. i have the green plaid squares on ota and green and purle lines on standard cable. i started watching throuh the hdmi and it was working fine. then the picture started to freeze up but still had audio, then the the picture and audio stoped then would restart. the issues are getting progressively worse. i tried hooking my computer to the tv via vga, my windows icon would show on the screen during computer start up and then on the tv screen showed (no signal or weak signal) on the blue screen. i have taken my tv apart and disasembled the analog board and the board with the DNle chip. by the way can anyone tell me the name of the board with the DNle chip. is it the digital board or the dmd board? also when the tv was acting up when i pressed the menue button the menu screen was clear. could someone please help. i am desperate. could reflowing the DNle board halp with this prob.?i am a 48 yr old woman, and i desperate for information. can't afford a new tv right now.... thank's for any info i can get.

cstock.

adendum: i also ran a test pattern on the ddp1101 and that test pattern was fine. i also ran the test pattern on the DNle and the white screen did not show up, all the other colored screens and test patterns did. if this helps at all.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”