Samsung HLR5667WAX/XAA Picture "Noise"

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
templar99

Samsung HLR5667WAX/XAA Picture "Noise"

Postby templar99 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Before I start randomly replacing parts, can anyone give me an idea what's going on with my TV?
Last week I noticed when I turned it on, I got no picture or sound. There was a dim shadowing on the screen and I had the timer & lamp indicators flashing. I unplugged the TV, waited a minute, plugged it back in and it was fine. Last night, the same thing happened except this time I'm getting intermittent horizontal lines of static or "noise" across the screen, usually two or three lines that last for a second or two. The picture looks fine, but the best way I can describe it is it's like there's some static interference. This is with my Dish receiver and also DVD. I should also mention that the TV is 5 years old and I've never replaced the lamp although I don't believe it's a lamp problem. Any ideas?

Update: I disconnected the HDMI and ran my video thru the S-video port and then I got the green screen with vertical bars that others have mentioned here The menu looks fine when I bring it up. So now I guessing this is a board problem. But is it the analog board or digital board?

Samsungtech
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: Samsung HLR5667WAX/XAA Picture "Noise"

Postby Samsungtech » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:49 am

Sounds like a possible problem with the digital pcb or smaller possibility DMD -

templar99

Re: Samsung HLR5667WAX/XAA Picture "Noise"

Postby templar99 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:07 pm

I noticed this week that when I start getting the "static" line, if I unplug the set, let it sit for a minute or so then plug it in and turn it back on I have a perfect picture. So far this has worked 3 times. I don't have a clue why it works but it's almost like it resets something in the PC boards.

UPDATE: Nov. 2, 2011
Several weeks later, this still works. I unplug the TV, plug it back in and turn it on and I have a perfect picture. If I just turn it on without first unplugging it, I get the static lines or black boxes all over the screen. Hopefully, this will work for others here that have the same problem.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”