Need help with 52"tv, color problems

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
thatsmypot
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with 52"tv, color problems

Postby thatsmypot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 am

I just bought a used samsung 52" model #T5687S. When i turn it on it seems that i am only getting the blue and green colors, looks like no red, i have been reading lots online the past couple hours to figure this out, figured now is the time to ask, anyone have any ideas what this could be, If it is the color wheel, wouldnt it be all colors and not just one, any help would be greatly appreciated,,, ty

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Need help with 52"tv, color problems

Postby Crowell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:42 pm

I don’t think it’s the color wheel; it sounds more like the digital board, normally the color wheel problems are from blobs of some color, or a screeching whining sound. In this case there are none, and only one color is affected. Try to bring up the tv menu, see if its also affected, if not we can discard the DMD board.
Knowledge is the one true power

thatsmypot
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thatsmypot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 pm

The menu looks good with the blue and green, but no red.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Then it’s definitely the digital video board. Check the board for any swollen capacitors, they may look like these. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1191&hilit=capacitors
If you find any, replace them, if not then its probably a general failure of the board, and you’ll have to replace it.
Knowledge is the one true power

thatsmypot
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thatsmypot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 pm

i actually did a little more digging about this model and it is the led dlp tv. It has no color wheel and i am getting told it will be just the red led light. thx for the help model#hlt 5687s

Return to “Samsung Discussion”