Samsung DLP TV 61' HLR6167 WAXX/XAA Please help

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
JetstarEK
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP TV 61' HLR6167 WAXX/XAA Please help

Postby JetstarEK » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 am

I ordered a Samsung BP96-01073A single lamp from River Valley Electronics when my tv went blank and the three lights came on. On my tv the sticker code reads Samsung BP96-01073A (P) for lamp. The clerk assured me OSRAM light would be same. After reading the manuel it says Don't use any other lamp.

The Osram lamp lasted a month or so, sent it back to company, they sent back to me said they tested and bulb was fine.

I re-read my manuel and tried again tonight, the lamp stayed on for two hours at best. Then as silly as it seems, I read online to put fan behind tv near lamp door to help cool and tv would stay on longer. I did that and sure enough it lasted over two hours and didn't seem to be as hot.

It seems to be producing a lot of heat in the lamp area, I called Discount Mechant.com and he said it's my ballast and I could install no problem. Then our phones got disconnected, said he'd email me but haven't heard back and they're now closed.

I'm ready to purchase and install whatever it takes, if anyone would be so kind to give me a clue as what I could need and or could try.

Thank you for your time.
Respectfully,
ginagail@gmail.com
Last edited by JetstarEK on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung DLP TV 61' HLR6167 WAXX/XAA Please help

Postby Crowell » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:57 pm

It sound like you bought a generic lamp, OSRAM might be the most decent generic lamp in the market, but generic is still generic my recommendation is to buy original Philips. Any way you might want to clean the inside of the tv (especially the fans) free of dust & mold, you see that tends to clog them up and not cool the components properly.
Knowledge is the one true power

JetstarEK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JetstarEK » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:14 pm

Thank you so much...can you recommend where I can buy the correct bulb at a reasonable price?

Do you feel the Generic Bulb is what's heating that area up and causing the errors? Should I buy housing and all..?

As when ordering I've noticed not all say Philips, That would make my day to get this TV going.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm

I have bought my 2 bulbs for my Samsung 61” tv at http://www.discount-merchant.com/ last time I checked and they lower the price for 104.05, when I bought mine last year they where 119.99, and they sell original Philips. If you don’t want to hassle with the lamp installation I suggest you buy the lamp enclosure, but it will cost you a little bit more.
Good luck.

JetstarEK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JetstarEK » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

This is most helpful and I appreciate greatly. Working with another fellow from Discount Merchant and it did get a bit confusing as the fellow I spoke with yesterday said it was ballast. Either way, I'll go ahead and order the bulb and hope for the best and work from that point.

Thank goodness for this site and kind folks like yourself willing to help.
Last edited by JetstarEK on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JetstarEK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JetstarEK » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Ordered the correct lamp and housing from Discount Merchant.com. However, they still seem to think I need a ballast and sent me part# BP47-00027A. Said they don't carry it.

Is that an original part or do I need to be aware of buying another generic item? Is there a place you would recommend for that part as well? If indeed all else fails and I have to try that...

Have you ever had to change out your Ballast in yours?

It's such a high tech tv and haven't used half the features.

Going to give it a good cleaning again and wait on the Philips Lamp...

Again, thanks for your time and knowledge.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 am

If you are very handy you could do it yourself, there are a number o guides online, but if you’re not sure I suggest you buy the ballast separately and have a technician you trust install it. Another recommendation is partstore.com. Good luck.

JetstarEK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JetstarEK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 am

JetstarEK
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JetstarEK » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 am

Return to “Samsung Discussion”