HLN-4365W - Rolling Darker Lines

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
molloni

HLN-4365W - Rolling Darker Lines

Postby molloni » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:12 am

I'm going to give this a shot. I've looked through three pages of posts and I have not seen my problem. I did a few searches, but none of them show my problem.

I have an HLN-4365W DLP. I replaced the bulb most recently this past summer when it died (so I think that's what happened) and I hoped that would have corrected the problem, but it did not.

THE PROBLEM - on Video 1, 2, 3, and the S-Video 1 (I don't have anything connected to 2, or 3), I get a rolling, banding problem. Darker bands will roll across diagonally, and sometimes they will shimmer. The funny thing is, sometimes it clears up with time, but it used to only take a few minutes, but now it can take an hour or not clear up at all. At first I thought it was my cable box, but I ruled it out to the TV itself. They are not green, or blue, or white, or black. I can see the picture through them, but the lines are darker. They do not seem to affect the menu though.

If I use the Component inputs to watch HDTV, they have no problems at all. I changed my cable watching to the component input, so it's not as much of a big deal, but I discovered today that as my DVD player is connected to the S-Video, that also suffers the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've read a few things about the analogue board, and I'm pretty confident that I could replace it if that was the problem (assuming I can find good instructions)...but I don't know if that is the problem.

Can anyone offer some advice? I don't really want to get a new TV just yet. Thanks

Return to “Samsung Discussion”