Samsung DLP - white flashes on screen

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
JohnGalt

Samsung DLP - white flashes on screen

Postby JohnGalt » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 am

Recently, on my DLP I've noticed white flashes (like lightning). But there are no lights lit on the front of the set (the dreaded "three blinking lights".) The bulb had over 8000 hours on it and the picture was getting dark, so I replaced it.

But the flashes are back, after about 20 minutes of viewing. I've been searching various sites/forums and I haven't noticed this problem. Anybody here familiar with this issue?

I do hear a whine coming from the back of the set. It's not horribly loud, but it's not quiet either. From what I've read, this is the color wheel. Could this be the problem I'm seeing (the white flashes)?

Thanks,

-John

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung DLP - white flashes on screen

Postby grayfox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:27 am

Yes this is most likely a colorwheel issue, the bearing that spins and/or cracked glass on the actual wheel can cause that famous whirling grinding sound. and a piece of shattered glass that has fallen off can let spontaneous bursts of light in. I would suggest you look into this before anything else.
hope this helps and feel free to ask away!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”