New color wheel, now the colors are all wrong.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
sweave78

New color wheel, now the colors are all wrong.

Postby sweave78 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 am

I just changed the color wheel on my Samsung model HLP5663WX/XAA and now all the colors appear reversed. The people are all blue, the blues are orange and the reds are green! What the heck did I do wrong?

patrick

Re: New color wheel, now the colors are all wrong.

Postby patrick » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:15 am

I have this exact same problem. Replaced the extremely loud color wheel with part # BP96-00674

patrick

Re: New color wheel, now the colors are all wrong.

Postby patrick » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:15 pm

I am having this exact same problem. Replaced the entire color wheel assembly, not just the wheel itself, the whole unit with two electrical leads, and now the colors are all messed up.

I was reading elsewhere on the forum about there being a jumper wire that may have to be removed based on the nature of the color wheel bearing? ball bearing or air bearing. My replacement color wheel seemed to be exactly the same construction withe the exception of no little grommets for the mounting screws. The holes in the housing were smaller, and grommets were not necessary.

can someone describe the jumper lead issue in more detail, where it is, and what its function is? TV is quiet now, but id like to get the color issue resolved

Thanks!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”