Samsung Fan noise

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung Fan noise

Postby Crowguys » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:37 pm

I have a 50 inch DLP (HL5063W). Had it just over 5 years and not one problem with it even still has org light blub. In the last week I notice when I turn the TV off and the fan shuts down it sounds just like your sticking a stick on the blades and it makes that flipping noise until the fan stops. I do not hear it at all when the TV is running and its not getting hot behind it.
I keep it really clear of dust and have away from the wall to get air around it. I do not get any check fan or any errors on the screen or on the on/off button. Has anyone had this problem or know what might cause it?

Thanks Travis

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung Fan noise

Postby darkart77 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:05 am

It can potentially be your color wheel. Are you getting color distortion? Perhaps you could provide more details. I have heard a variation of this symptom. But color distortion was a key factor for my friend's tv.

Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung Fan noise

Postby Crowguys » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:43 am

Thanks for the reply. I have not had any color problems with the DLP. I checked the service mode and from other posts I have read everything is normal. There is 8800 hours on the org bulb. The only things I have done lately is play with the DVI and HDMI. I use the HDMI to DVI. I have changed back and forth with that and HDMI only. I think the DVI looks better than the HDMI. Anyway I also just got a newer HD/DVR box from comcast. We usually watch it at night so I keep the brightness in the mid 50's. Other than that stuff nothing else is wrong with. Though I am getting worried as I read more and more posts HA HA. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks Travis

Return to “Samsung Discussion”