HLS5687WX/XAA 56 inch shuts down

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Mountaindont
Contributor
Contributor

HLS5687WX/XAA 56 inch shuts down

Postby Mountaindont » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Eddie, When I turn on my My HLS5687WX/XAA 56 inch the lamp light blinks for 15 seconds and then the picture comes on. After a few minutes the picture will go in and out. A thin green line will appear across the screen and then the tv will shut off. When it shuts off I can hear a winding down type of sound from the back of the tv. Other then the flashing lamp light that appears for 15 seconds when I turn the TV on there is no other activity with the lights. If the the problem is the lamp how do I tell ? I pulled it out and it looks fine. I had the tv repaired in 2007 for the green lines, at that time the tv wasn`t shutting down as it does now. I`d hate to buy a $100 lamp to find out that it isnt the problem. Any suggestions you can pass along would be appreciated

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HLS5687WX/XAA 56 inch shuts down

Postby Jason1976 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 pm

I could be a lamp. I have seen bad lamps that look good. It also could be a power supply or a ballast issue. Do you know what they replaced last time you had the green lines?

Mountaindont
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mountaindont » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Unfortunately the receipt does not say what they did and that particular repair company has gone out of business. The repair business was referred to my by Samsung and Samsung has record of the repair but their records do not indicate what was done either.
If it was a bad lamp (it looks quite bright when I turn the tv on) would it turn the power to the tv off ? I did see that the fan is working.

Kentb53
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Postby Kentb53 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:11 pm

I have the exact same set. Though I experienced no green lines, I replaced the ballast and bulb and all is well.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello Mountaindont.
I think I can shed some light in to the problem. That winding noise you hear is either from a fan or the color wheel, how ever I would put my money on the color wheel. My first suggestion is to open up the back of your tv, clean the inside free of dust & mold. Next inspect the color wheel physically, check for any broken pieces, spin it manually, and see if you can replicate the winding noise.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”