Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Sound But No Picture Unless I Use Mute 1 8 2 Power

Postby sactown » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi all,
I recently came across this site over the past couple weeks when I started experiencing trouble with my Samsung 61-Inch HL-P6163W. This is a great site because it has allowed me to still recieve picture after I thought there was no hope.
So all of a sudden my picture went out and I still recieved sound when I read I should reset my lamp timer using Mute 1 8 2 Power. This actually worked and I got my picture back, however once I turn the tv off I can not get picture again when I hit power. I have to hit the Mute 1 8 2 Power everytime to get picture and recently that only works on occasion. Everything starts as normal when I do not get the picture with the word lamp flashing and then no lights at all. So it acts as if everything is fine.
I then had a television repair guy come out who said its either the board or the engine and I have a feeling he doesnt have a clue.
Please if anyone knows what the problem is if you can let me know it would be greatly appreciated. I have already replaced the color wheel two years back and have a new bulb. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks Everyone

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Sound But No Picture Unless I Use Mute 1 8 2 Power

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello sactown.
My first question would be, are you just pressing Mute 1 8 2 Power to reset the lamp timer? You see there is more instruction that follow that to actually reset it.
Here is the link to the post on how to completely reset it. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050&start=0&hilit=Loading+Factory
It’s very odd that the tv would only work with the Mute 1 8 2 Power, so I would assume that you haven’t reset it yet. And that would explain the tv lasting less time on. You see the lamp timer has various warning limits. When it reaches the first limit, it would shut the tv off, but let it turn on again with out much fuss, that tv early warning is trying to tell you that its time to change the lamp. If the timer is not reset the tv will think that the old lamp is still being used, so it will reach the second limit. That one will shorten the previous time span before the tv shuts of, and it will keep doing that until you wont be able to turn on the tv.
Keep me posted if anything new comes up.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks for the response... Yes I have reset the lamp timer so that it shows 0. I followed the instructions on how to reset it from that post a couple weeks ago when I got a new bulb. But for some reason after I reset it and try to turn the tv back on by hitting Power all I get is sound and no picture. It starts up as normal as if I am going to get picture but nothing comes on. So then I have to do the Mute 1 8 2 Power and I will get the picture back with the factory menu on the screen. Once I get the picture back Ill turn it off to get rid of the menu and sometimes it will come on but most the time I have to do the Mute 1 8 2 Power again...Also the Mute 1 8 2 Power usually takes me like 3 or 4 times before I can get my picture back...Any Ideas??? Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Hello again sactown.
Ok, then this is officially a software issue. Let me explain. The tv has a built software in the memory of the tv and executed buy a small processor. These components are normally located on the analog board. There is a old post that explains in detail about this.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1221

in other words you got to reset the software.
If all else fails, replace the board.
Keep me posted on any new developments.

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Thanks again for the reply NightKid....I read the thread that you left but I still have a couple questions.....That board where you say I can reset the software, is that called the analog video board?? Also, is this the board that you say I should replace if the resetting of the software does not work??

Thanks Again

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Hello again sactown.
Correct, the appropriate name is than analog video board, and in most cases there is a small tinny button that you can touch with the point of a toothpick where the board memories & processor is located. If no luck then you should try buying a new one. Just make sure you search buy part number & tv model.
Good luck.

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 am

Hey Nightkid thanks for the reply again...sorry for the late response...I was wondering if you have another picture of the analog board that shows the processor button that i need to try to reset. I have been trying to search for that button and I cant seem to find it....And on the picture from the other topic I cant seem to identify which one i should be pressing....I would appreciate some additional help..Thanks Again

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:22 am

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-Digital-Boa ... 335c4f8340

here is one starting bid of 5 dollars.

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 am

Hey Jason1976 thanks for the reply and research I really appreciate it...I found the little black reset button on the digital board and pressed it down with a toothpick...When i went to turn the tv back on everything started up like normal but then again no picture but i got the sound...i also am watching the digital board from ebay that you sent the link too :D ..do u believe that it is the digital board or is it possible it can be the analog board or anything else?? Let me know...Thanks Again

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey Jason I went ahead and replaced my digital board and when I turn on my tv I still get sound but no picture, just a black screen. Any other suggestions of what the problem might be? It starts up normal and the lamp shows that its on but still just a black screen...Thanks

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:20 pm

i would say next thing to replace is the dmd board.

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Sat May 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Ok do u know if there are any guides to do this or where I can find a dmd board??

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:51 pm

check for the part number on www.samsungparts.com then look the part number up on ebay and on www.discount-merchant.com to find the best price.

sactown
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sactown » Sun May 09, 2010 5:15 am

I cant seem to find the part number on samsungparts for the DMD Board that I need and I dont know where it is located in my tv...any help would be appreciated..Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Hello again sactown.
Here are some pictures of a DMD board that I pulled from a Samsung tv also where the part number is under the legend “code” printed on the board.
DSC02369.JPG
DSC02369.JPG (58.19 KiB) Viewed 18150 times

DSC02370.JPG
DSC02370.JPG (113.63 KiB) Viewed 18150 times

Note: as you can see I removed the metal protective cage, so you’ll have to do the same.
If you have no luck finding the lone DMD board, I suggest you buy the entire light engine.
Good Luck.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”