Need Fan replacement Samsung hl-t6187s

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
crosseye

Need Fan replacement Samsung hl-t6187s

Postby crosseye » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Hello all, my first post and I'm really glad I found this place. I turned on my TV this morning and after about 5 minutes, it sounded vaguely like my outside water hose was on. As I approached the corner the TV sits in, I realized it wasn't outside, but rather the TV. There was a hissing type sound coming from the back. Being a little bit of a tinkerer, I realized the back wouldn't be hard to take off and attempt to get a better idea what is causing the noise.

Upon removing the back cover, I isolated the sound to the fan easily accessible and right in the middle of the back area blowing air. I double checked by momentarily stopping the fan with my finger and the noise immediately ceased. When disconnected the TV will not start (a good thing obviously) and says to check fan #1. I removed the fan completely and could reproduce the noise by blowing hard on it and allowing it to spin fast enough. Problem located and it's just a fan :P

I thought that would be the hard part, but apparently, finding the stupid fan to replace it is a nightmare. I looked at the fan and it is a Nonoise G6015S12B2. Upon further searching, it can also be found as BP31-00025B. So, the real problem is, where the heck do I buy one of these fans? I've looked a lot and they seem discontinued. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”