DLP Test Locations

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jdsdlp

DLP Test Locations

Postby jdsdlp » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Hello all! Glad to have the forum as a diagnostic aid from some earnest and helpful folks.

What I am looking for are the definitive testing locations for :

1) Ballast input voltage
2) 5V Ignition input to ballast from DMD
3) Signal out from ballast to DMD for input voltage (if one exists)

Unit is Samsung HLP5063HX. Symptom - Failed picture, no color wheel spin, no bulb ignite, three lights of doom. Bulb, color wheel are new and correctly installed. I am trying to establish weather ballast/DMB has failed or perhaps a failure of digital board is fault. As tested the input voltage to ballast is well under rated 380v, however I want to make sure tested circuit is correct and would also like to know if the ballast/DMB does not see 380v would that prevent the DMB from starting the color wheel since color wheel start is after standby of ballast in boot sequence.
I have spent quite some time lurking around the boards for the test locations to no avail.

Thanks much in advance and keep up the good work.

jdsdlp

Re: DLP Test Locations

Postby jdsdlp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks for the input Robert, I did ck the link and will try chatting w/ someone there when time allows, other than that it's pretty much all the same stuff we've seen.
This is just quite frustrating since it appears that unless you know someone in the industry useful information about this set seems to be purposely elusive.
It's been my experience that electric/electronic failures fall into four categories: Bad connections, bad wire, bad components and bad components caused by one of the previous failures. Voltage spikes notwithstanding. You just need to know what to test and where to test for it. Seems like a reasonable demand, right? "Good Luck" seems to be the universal reasonable answer. LOL.
Thanks again for your help but at this point I consider it a lost cause, especially since TV prices fell thru the basement last fall. We'll go plasma and move on.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”